This is the second year of the garden and it is quickly developing into the garden I always wanted. I had lofty goals for the year, and they are panning out just as I hoped. I love using The Old Farmers Almanac Garden Planner to plan the layout of the garden. This is an awesome resource that helps plan out what fits in the raised redwood garden beds, when to plant what, and when to transplant. It is such a fun tool to use in the Winter before the garden gets going in the Spring. I also love to plan the future expansion of the garden.
Here is a clearer PDF of the Juju Paradise Garden layout
This garden provides us with around forty vegetables & herbs.
A future goal I have is to grow all the fruits and vegetables we eat. For now, with two young boys, my goals are to:
- Immerse the kids in gardening and caring for the garden.
- Introduce a variety of home grown fruits and vegetables- they seem to be more adventurous with their food choices when they take part in growing it.
- Grow different varieties that we cannot find in our local super market.
- Introduce Airbnbers to the garden and the varieties of plants we grow.
- Grow a HUGE pumpkin!
- Have fun, get messy, and reap the rewards.
Here is a clearer PDF of the Juju Plant List
Follow along with me as we enter an awesome 2019 season. I plan on introducing the various fruits and vegetables we decided to grow in a later post. Stay tuned!